In June 1946 our company was established by Wilhelm Dommer in Heimerdingen, near Stuttgart. In 1951 he relocated to new and larger premises in Stuttgart-Möhringen. In 1960 his first workshop as a supplier for the automobile industry was erected on today's premises. In 1961 Wilhelm Dommer started cooperating with the craftsmen association Fliz producing the first sanitary tools.
In 1967 Wilhelm Dommer handed over the management to his sons Armin and Dieter Dommer who started with the development of the first plastic welding machine. The Fliz 955 was built and went into production. The first step in the plastic welding technology was made.
By means of the machine types WIDOS 4000, 4500, 5000, 6000 we successfully started into the plastic welding technology together with our competent and experienced sales partners.
In 1980 the first CNC-controlled workshop welding machines were built on request of our customers and in 1987 the first CNC-controlled on-site welding machine WIDOS 4600 CNC followed.
Since then WIDOS has been a highly qualified and researched partner in the construction of standard and special welding machines. The program has been extended over the years so that our customers now may choose from a range of OD 20 - 2400 mm in the on-site and workshop area with saws and auxiliary devices.
In the field of clean-room technology we have furthermore developed machines for infrared welding of PVDF. Parallely we are working in national and international standard committees so that we are always on the most actual level of technology for our customers.